Core Functions-EC Social Development
Provision of social development services to individuals, groups and communities to enable them to enjoy an acceptable quality of life and become self reliant. (Our primary focus is on the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded).
- Provision of social welfare services. (promotive, preventive, palliative, rehabilitative, therapeutic)
- Provision of comprehensive social security services.
- Community development facilitation and support
- Poverty and inequality eradication
- HIV/AIDS (prevent and mitigate effects of HIV/AIDS on vulnerable groups)
- Human resource management
- Financial planning and management
- Policy development, planning and research
- Population development (demographics)
- Communication and marketing
- Mainstreaming gender, disability and youth issues
- Information management and technology