A caring society for the protection and development of the poor and vulnerable towards a sustainable society.
To transform our society by building conscious and capable citizens through the provision of integrated social development services.
All employees of the Department are expected to subscribe to the Code of Conduct for Public Servants and the Batho Pele Principles. The following Department-specific values apply:
1. Dignity: We are commitment to a rights based culture & professionalism in which the right to dignity of individuals
and communities is sacrosanct.
2. Integrity: Our actions and decisions must be in the interest of the community and must be beyond reproach
3. Accountability: Understanding the impact of our work and taking responsibility for our actions and decisions
4. Empathy: We must show compassion to the most vulnerable by acting professionally and diligently in our work
5. Empowerment: We aim to empower our employees and communities by building on existing skills, knowledge
and experience and by creating an environment conducive to life-long learning.